I wrote the short piece below 7 years ago when I started the Yuppinoy column for the Pinoy portal I was managing.
=============================================================
If it were not a crime to inflict physical injury on others, I would’ve done serious damage to females with ugly toes who continue to wear open-toe shoes. You and I know that we have no control about the shape and size our feet take when we are born. We, however, have reason enough to know what is unsightly. Then again, not a lot have good judgment. Fat, bursting-out-of-the-strap, forcing-its-way-into-slim-open-toe-shoes, dirty, chip-nailed, unkempt, swollen-vein-filled feet are disastrous and make me violently ill. I mean, if I had feet like those I’d rather not have feet. If I had a cleaver every time I entered Glorietta after office, there’d be a bloodbath.
Step on them! That’s what I’d do if it were not a crime every time some girl walks by with the smallest toes on both feet hanging out of the straps of her awful open-toe shoes. I wonder if those dangling little toes have aerodynamic effect. God! They’re like wings. Ugly wings! Grr! Mercury had wings. Mercury didn’t have dangling toes. That’s because he didn’t wear open-toe shoes!!!! Step! Step! Step! Step on them like you’d do a cockroach. Squoosh those darned dangling toes until their guts and toe nails fly all over.
Makes me think. If there are nail cutters, may I have a toe cutter?
============================================================
This was written during my "angry" days. :-)
I've changed and I've become more accepting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Toe-che!
The red is very becoming of your then-mood. You are more accepting indeed. So what's your stand on Havaianas?
I like tsinelas whether Spartan or Havaianas.
Oh gosh. I think I need a pedicure - maybe you'll approve my trailers with more ease. HAHAAH!
Hahaha! I would have been with you with a cleaver too! And may I add pointed toe nails --- eeaaaawwww!
what can you say about toe nail polish with minute floral designs pa?
i wore socks with birks back then... it must have been another crime of fashion.
Post a Comment